Friday, July 18, 2014

July 2014: A Trip to the Phoenix Zoo

I have secured our tickets, so as soon as everyone is ready, we'll head in. I stopped to get a picture with this frog statue. 


To enter the Phoenix Zoo, we cross a foot bridge. If you look down, you'll see some turtles on the logs and swimming in the water below us. They look like they are having fun!



I think we'll go to the bird section first, if that's okay with everyone. It's just off to the left after we enter.



I especially like the Phoenix Zoo because they have some common animals, as well as exotic ones. Check out these turkeys!




Now we'll head off to see some mammals. These little ground hogs are cute.




The Mexican wolves (lobos) are very active today.





It's feeding time for the giraffes! I love how they feed them in those high baskets to simulate eating from the trees.



The tiger seems to be succumbing to the heat. Zzzz...


And the lion, too! In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...







These baboons are looking out for each other!


The monkey enclosure is one of my favorite parts of the zoo, but remember to wash your hands as we leave. As the zoo keepers tell us, they are not very tidy animals!



Let's head over to the picnic area to have some snacks. I have granola bars, fruit, trail mix, juice, and sodas. I also have plenty of water. Make sure to stay hydrated.



Anyone who wants can take a ride on the paddle boats to get a closer look at the birds. I think I'll take one out. Who'll join me? We can fit four per boat.


Let's head over to the petting zoo. This is Mini Muffin. She is quite friendly.





I hope you enjoyed our trip to the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment